The Equine Neuromuscular and Genetics Diagnostic Laboratory is dedicated to providing the most accurate diagnosis and optimal treatment of muscle disorders in horses. We offer genetic and muscle biopsy testing for a variety of diseases.
- Polysaccharide storage myopathy type 1 (PSSM–GYS1 Mutation)
- Malignant hyperthermia (MH)
Muscle Biopsy Testing
Samples will be evaluated for all of the following diseases:
- Polysaccharide storage myopathy
- Glycogen branching enzyme deficiency
- Recurrent exertional rhabdomyolysis
- Equine motor neuron disease
- Neurogenic atrophy
- Immune-mediated myopathy
- Pasture myopathy
- and many other diseases
For more information, please visit the Neuromuscular Diagnostic Laboratory website.