Dr. Dale Lauer, director of the Minnesota Poultry Testing Laboratory in Willmar, is this year’s recipient of the Exemplary Leadership Award. The award goes to a person who has achieved recognition in their chosen field and made significant contributions to it.
Glenn Leitch and a team from Jennie-O nominated Lauer due to his response during the Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza outbreak last summer.
Dr. Doug Marthaler: Transdisciplinary approach to characterize the diversity of Streptococcus suis, leading to rapid genotyping by Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS)
The groundbreaking for the expansion of the Minnesota Poultry Testing Laboratory (MPTL) was held on December 21, 2015 in Willmar Minnesota. The MPTL is a partnership between the University of Minnesota Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and the Minnesota Board of Animal Health.
- Change to M. hyo PCR test
- Porcine Sapelo/Tescho virus Fact Sheet
- PCV 2/3 Fact Sheet
- Canine Influenza FAQs
- PRRSv Resistance in Gene-Altered Pigs
- Avoiding Heat Stress in Poultry
- Influenza A in Swine Testing Algorithm
- Poultry submisson video
- Tularemia testing information
- USDA Recommendation for swine with potential vesicular disease