NOTE: If you own or are dealing with a poultry flock that has higher than normal mortality, depression, or nervous signs, we recommend necropsy and testing for Avian Influenza.
In some instances, cost of testing may be covered by the state.
For more information: Contact Dr. Rob Porter at 612-624-7400 or email@example.com
Avian influenza is caused by influenza A viruses. The nature of the influenza virus is such that mutations occur easily. Therefore, new strains can occur naturally at any time within avian hosts.
The latest on Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
- USDA Update on HPAI H7N9 in Tennessee
- HPAI H5N2 detected in wild mallard in Montana
- HPAI H5N2 detected in wild mallard in Alaska
- HPAI H7N8 detected in Indiana turkey flock 1/19/15
- All Quarantines Lifted in Minnesota 12/15/15
- Board of Animal Health Avian Influenza page
- Most recent maps and situation report: