As requested - This test is currently only available with approval of the Minnesota Board of Animal Health
Acceptable sample include:
- Synthetic-tipped swabs (i.e. Dacron or rayon) with a plastic/metal shaft, shipped in approved medium, per CDC guidelines:
- Swabs in viral transport media such as those based on Hanks BSS and MEM, also PBS; swabs with Ames media sponge
- No solid media with swab immersion - these swabs will be rejected outright
- Oropharyngeal swabs are preferred. Nasopharyngeal, nasal mid-turbinate or anterior nares swabs will be accepted.
Porcine: serum, lung tissue, feces, oropharyngeal/tonsil swabs, and oral fluids
This test is currently only available with approval of the Minnesota Board of Animal Health. Please submit an adequate sample volume if additional tests are being requested.
* Paperwork must be submitted in a second/separate whirl-pak that has had disinfectant applied or sprayed to the outside of the bag prior to shipment. All samples must be clearly identified with the patient/animal ID and the sample type/swab source.
All samples must be submitted double bagged in a whirl-pak or ziplock bag that has had disinfectant applied or sprayed to the outside of the bag prior to shipment.