- Submit 4 to 5 live, sick birds that are clinically affected with the condition.
- Take care not to select cull birds from the flock which do not represent the disease condition.
- Live birds should be delivered personally rather than shipped.
- Submit 4 to 5 dead birds that have recently died of the condition, preferably refrigerated and kept cold until they arrive at the laboratory.
- Time is important as small carcasses decompose quickly.
It is important that all animals submitted to the Minnesota Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory are accompanied by completed submission forms and a written case history.