Submission Forms & Supplies
Note: Forms are updated periodically. Please always use the latest form for submissions.
VDL submission forms are screen-fillable PDF forms, meaning you can type right into the PDF.
You have two options to complete a form:
- Print a blank copy and fill out by hand
- Download the PDF and use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, complete, save, and print the forms. | Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
If going with option 2, it will be in Google Drive and you MUST download the PDF first and open it in Acrobat Reader to make your edits.
Not making sense?
Refer to Hints for Navigating Screen-Fillable PDF Forms for more information on completing the forms. If you use Acrobat within your web browser, be sure to use the printer button on the Acrobat toolbar menu to print the form rather than your web browser's print function.
Submission Forms By Species
All Species/General Forms
- Necropsy and sample submission - See species-specific forms below
- Rabies PDF (fillable) submission form
- Permission for euthanasia, necropsy and disposal of remains
- Avian Necropsy/Sample Submission Form
For pet birds please use the companion animal necropsy form
- Avian molecular/serology
- Ruminant Necropsy and Sample Submission Form
- Ruminant health test chart
- Chronic wasting disease (CWD)
- Companion Animal Necropsy Form
(dogs, cats, horses, other companion animals - full body necropsies)
- Companion Animal Sample Submission Form
(biopsy, tissue, other samples)
- Equine health test chart
- Equine neuromuscular *NEW*
- Canine exercise-induced collapse (EIC) *NEW*
- Internal Request Forms for CVM and VMC only
*Prices listed below do not include shipping charges, which will be billed once the supplies are sent
|General supplies||Unit price ($)||How to order|
|Insulated Shipper: New Box||13.00||
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 612-625-7095
|Insulated Shipper: New Foam Inside||7.35|
|Insulated Shipper: New Outer Box||5.65|
|Blood Tube Rack||No charge|
|Blood Tube Mailer||No charge|
|CWD Collection Cups (pack of 10)||No charge|
|Johne's Collection Cups, 2oz||No charge|
|Trittrichomonas and campylobacter culture media||No charge|
|Campylobacter Transport Media, 3ml||No charge|
|Campylobacter Transport Media, 5ml||No charge|
|Udder health lab supplies|
|2 oz Milk Vials||.30||
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 612-625-7053
|Tri-plate (F-MTKT - Mac)||3.15|
|Bottle of 15ml coagulase||32.00|
|Coagulase tube kit (makes 30 individual tubes)||35.00|
|Easy Culture System Handbook (English or Spanish)||No charge|
|Pack of 100 sterile swabs||1.50|
|Box of sterile swabs (2/pk)||11.00|
|Pack of sterile inoculating loops||5.00|
|Milk sample mailer||8.00|
Using and completing forms
The appropriate submission form must accompany each case. A case is defined as single or multiple animals/specimens submitted during a single day, from the same owner, from animals of a similar age and from a similar environment. A case may also include non-animal specimens, such as feed, water, bedding, etc.
When sending specimens from more than one owner, fill out a separate submission form for each owner.
When sending specimens from multiple animals (same species) belonging to the same owner, provide pertinent information for each animal on the same submission form.
When sending specimens from multiple animals (different species) belonging to the same owner, fill out a separate submission form for each animal (species).
- Submission Forms & Supplies
- Packing & Shipping
- Necropsy Submission
- Tissue Submission
- Serum Submission
- Submission Based on Clinical Signs
- Oral Fluids
- Electron Microscopy Submission
- BVD PCR Ear Notch Screening Submission
- Canine Neuromuscular (EIC) Submission
- Equine Neuromuscular Submission
- Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Testing Submission
- Udder Health Submission
- Rabies Submission
- Best Practice Sample Submission