VDL submission forms are screen-fillable PDF documents located in GoogleDrive.
You have two options to complete a form:
- Print a blank copy and fill out by hand.
- Download the PDF and use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view, complete, save, and print the forms. | Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Note: Forms are updated periodically. Please always use the latest form for submissions.
Not making sense?
Refer to Hints for Navigating Screen-Fillable PDF Forms for more information on completing the forms. If you use Acrobat within your web browser, be sure to use the printer button on the Acrobat toolbar menu to print the form rather than your web browser's print function.
Submission form guidelines
- The appropriate submission form must accompany each case. A case is defined as single or multiple animals/specimens submitted during a single day, from the same owner, from animals of a similar age and from a similar environment. A case may also include non-animal specimens, such as feed, water, bedding, etc.
- When sending specimens from more than one owner, fill out a separate submission form for each owner.
- When sending specimens from multiple animals (same species) belonging to the same owner, provide pertinent information for each animal on the same submission form.
- When sending specimens from multiple animals (different species) belonging to the same owner, fill out a separate submission form for each animal (species).
Sample collection procedures may vary depending on the type of testing requested and may affect the accuracy of the results. For that reason, in addition to these guidelines, please follow the guidelines for specific tests and procedures listed in our Tests & fees section, as well as any procedures described on current VDL submission forms.
All Species/General Forms
- Next Generation Sequencing *If you encounter an error message when this document opens in your browser, download the form to your desktop and open with adobe acrobat.
- Rabies PDF (fillable) submission form
- Permission for euthanasia, necropsy and disposal of remains
- Authorization to release information
- Swine Necropsy/Sample Submission Form
- Swine health test chart
- Additional Animal Information Sheet
- Guide to Porcine Sample Submission and Diagnostic Tests
- Avian Necropsy/Sample Submission Form
- For pet birds please use the companion animal necropsy form
- Avian molecular/serology
- Ruminant Necropsy Form
- Ruminant/Camelid Sample Submission form
- Udder health
- Chronic wasting disease (CWD)
- Companion Animal Necropsy Form *If you encounter an error message when this document opens in your browser, download the form to your desktop and open with adobe acrobat.
(dogs, cats, horses, other companion animals - full body necropsies)
- Companion Animal Sample Submission Form (biopsy, tissue, other samples)
- Equine health test chart